Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cutting Monsters: Week 11

So it’s down to just sound work. The cut is pretty much locked. I’m working on the sound design and dialog. I’m not exactly sure where we stand in regards to a composer. The producers are working on that now. I suspect I’ll hear something right after Christmas.

Aside from that, I’m getting shots prepared for our VFX artist. We have a few cg augmentations to make.
Looks like the final cut is running around 85 minutes. 86 or 7 with credits.

The new material we shot and cut in is working well. I’m very happy with the cut as is. The only thing I’m having a bit of trouble with is the Monster sounds. It’s hard to create a brand new sound for a creature. I want to come up with something original, that doesn’t sound too cliché. But so far everything I’ve tried either A) Sounds cliché ROAR! HISS! Whatnot. Or B) is original, but in no way sounds like a threatening creature. Or C) just doesn’t match the action.

I cut one scene from nothing but ADR and am really happy with the way it turned out. Once mixed, I don’t think you’ll be able to tell. It’s probably my proudest sound work ever. I also came up with some pretty clever ways of cutting down on some of the profanity…see earlier post.

I’ll be screening the current cut for the producers early next week and then it will be officially locked. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment